All Blues Rugby is searching for an Assistant Forwards Coach for our Women’s Premier League (WPL) 2024 season, from preseason in March through in September. We are primarily looking for a forwards coach with technical set piece knowledge. The ideal candidate is committed to working with elite, senior-level female athletes to build and maintain a championship-level team.
Founded in 1978, the Berkeley All Blues Women’s Rugby Club is one of the country’s top women’s rugby teams. The Club has won a combined total of 17 National Championships in both 15s and 7s rugby. Currently, the Club participates in a competitive Women's Premier League (WPL) season, a developmental 7s season, and a competitive Division II season. Several players regularly compete on the Women’s National Team, but athletes of all levels are welcome. The emphasis of the season is to compete at the highest level in the Women’s Premier League with the goal to secure another National Championship.
● Assist the head coach with the development of team and sub-unit set piece strategies
● Assist with the organization and running of official practices. Attend both Tuesday and Thursday practices every week.
● Attend all local league matches and tournaments
● Provide effective feedback to all individual team members
● Collaborate with the head coach to agree on and execute a set piece plan and structure
● Provide effective feedback to the team as a whole
● Evaluate elite and developmental athletes and assist in determining rosters for matches, providing input to the head coach.
● Assist with game film analysis to evaluate both team and individual areas for improvement, ideally through weekly email analyses or film sessions
● Support the Executive Board, and assist in upholding Team Policies set by the Executive Board
● Treat all members of the All Blues community with respect, including, but not limited to, current and former team members, fans, and members of the coaching staff.
Practices are held twice weekly on Tuesday and Thursday evenings in Berkeley, California. Match schedule for this upcoming season is being finalized and will be released in the near future. There will be approximately six away and six home matches in addition to the Semi Finals and National Championship in a to-be-determined location.
Qualifications and Additional Information
Previous playing and coaching experience is required; specific experience coaching women is preferred but not necessary. The Berkeley All Blues require the completion and maintenance of a 200 Level Coaching certification or a comparable level of coaching certification. Applicants must demonstrate technical set piece proficiencies. Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with experience. This is not a full-time position. Unfortunately, the Club is unable to provide visa assistance. Travel expenses to away matches will be paid by the Club.
Please submit a coaching resume as well as a brief statement of coaching philosophy to email@example.com. We strongly encourage coaches to apply by February 23, 2024 as applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For additional information about the Berkeley All Blues Rugby Club, please explore our website, facebook, and instagram.